About Engineering Deans Canada
- Promote and encourage excellence in engineering education and research. To be the voice of engineering education and research at the national level.
- Promote engineering education that satisfies accreditation requirements, ensure awareness and knowledge of the engineering profession and promote the benefits of licensure.
- Provide a forum for Canadian engineering educators to debate issues and share experiences that foster excellence in engineering education and research
- Advocate, as the collective voice of all engineering faculties in Canada, for a shared vision, and for the good of Canadian engineering education and research.
- Promote and direct fundamental and applied engineering research and encourage and assist in the bringing to market innovative solutions.
- Promote academic engineering research and disseminate the contributions in the advancement of knowledge and technologies to industry.
- Educate international undergraduate and graduate students, support and provide venues for international researchers in Canada, and assist in the integration of foreign trained engineers into profession of engineering.
University of Manitoba
Jim A. Nicell
* The Executive also includes the Chair of the Research Committee, Deans Liaison Committee and Education Committee.
University of Ottawa
Deans Liaison Committee
University of British Columbia
Public Policy Committee
University of Waterloo
NSERC-Engineering & Applied Science Liaison Committee
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Simon Fraser University
Thompson Rivers University
Jim A. Nicell